Monday, May 19, 2008

Independence

I guess we always want our kids to be independent but to what degree. I love that my kids (most of my kids all but collin) Can dress them selves and get themselves out the door when i say its time to go somewhere and really Collin is already picking up on that. I say lets go to the van and he starts walking to the door. I also love that a lot of my kids can put away there own laundry I still do mine collins most of zoes and some of kirstens. But hey we are making progress. But some things my kids can do I don't like. Example they can walk across two streets to play it kinda freaks me out what if they don't make it, what if someone offers them candy on the way, what if they get hit by a car. Okay only Tianne and Toby do this but still it makes me a little nervous.
So the other day we are packing (it is really all we do when we are home lately) I'm in the kitchen and look out the window Zoe has pushed a little lunch bucket under the apple tree and is climbing up. Like a good mom i try to sit back thinking she won't make it she is too little but lo and behold She made it and was so proud of herself for doing it.


No comments: