Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Never let a computer know you're in a hurry.

 

Technology... is a queer thing.  It brings you great gifts with one hand, and it stabs you in the back with the other.  ~C.P. Snow, New York Times, 15 March 1971

  

Do you notice a difference from the cards above. Well besides that the one on the right will obviously hold a larger amount of data. Well I am very excited that I got a bigger memory card to hold a significantly larger amount of better pictures BUT, yes big but, my computers card reader is not compatible with the larger card.

I also LOVE my great new camera, unfortunately my camera software is also not very compatible with the computer system I am running. I can download pictures but not all neat like into folders where they are easy to find an maneuver through.

Why one may ask would computers do this to us. Why must smart people come up with amazing new ideas and make the “older” stuff irrelevant. Yes more is better and convenience is great. Its great for my kids to use the new memory card I got and take 211 pictures in one day that is great, but it isn’t great that I have to find the cord to hook up my camera to the computer. And then I have to wait and wait and wait cause my computer is “old”.

I promise awesome pictures will come as I slowly get a mesh the awesome new technology with the “old” technology I already have.

No comments: