Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Is THIS worth it.

It started out with the simple plan to just make some sort of treat on St. Patrick's Day and ended up with a huge and after much cleaning some cookies. 

 IMG_4118

The bottom broke out of my flour container and when we tried to salvage the flour by dumping into another container it all spilled.

IMG_4122

IMG_4123

Like the great mom I am I made the kids clean it up and went on trying to finish the cookies that were still cooking. They did a great and no sign of spilled flour was left.

IMG_4119

When all the cookies were cooled we frosted them and they were delicious. 

I know I've become a cookie fanatic lately but they are easy to make and all my kids can feel like they are helping. A lot of things I do I try to be able to include all my children which isn't always the case and I can't always do it so when I do I love it.  Zoe loves to cut out cookies and decorate what ever I roll out for her.  She spends about 10 minutes cutting out cookies that we save for her.  Kirsten really does a great job of cutting from beginning to end and her cookies sometimes are too thin or too fat but we really cook hers.  Toby is self sufficient in making cookies seems to not mind Collin sitting on the counter "helping" him by trying to cut some out on top of the already cut ones we've done.  (sorry Tianne wasn't here this time she does great too)

Everyone loves frosting the cookies and putting on the sprinkles.  And in the end they all get to eat some and give some away.  I'm surprised that no one is sick in the end after eating a lot of dough and frosting.

4 comments:

hanna (kmcaldwell) said...

what a good mom!! and that really is funny!

Cami said...

At least you got some yummy cookies out of that mess! :) What a fun mom!

jessica said...

oH IT WAS WORTH IT, THEY WERE YUMMY!!

arizonamama said...

Good for you. I love to do stuff like that with my kids too but I usually run out of patience sooner than I should. You're awesome!