I know we are crazy, but we went to the zoo a couple weekends ago. It wasn’t even 100 degrees when we left the zoo at 2p.m. Yes it was close but not quite there. We used to go to the zoo all the time. When we lived in Tempe it was the best place for us to go. Santa would get me a zoo membership for Christmas and I would take the kids all the time it was a great escape from our house and they have fun toys at the zoo. They have recently expanded their toys and made it really fun even on semi-hot days. They have two splash pads.
They also have snow cones which are very lovely on semi-hot days.
They have lots of shade. Which is the only place where you would want to eat lunch on semi-hot days.
Oh by the way the zoo also has animals which some will venture out on semi-hot days. We fed the ducks our leftover crust. And watched the Giraffes eat hay. But best of all we saw the orangutans. I didn’t get a picture because the orangutans were not being their normal self and when we left we didn’t have to have any “special” conversations about what the orangutans where doing. If you have been to the phoenix zoo you may have had “those” conversations with your kids when you left.
The best part is before we left after we had played My kids were certain that it was cold. They needed to warm up before we left and we didn’t have towels. Unpleased they laid in the sun to warm up. Crazy Kids!
2 comments:
Holly! I need your email... well and your number. I have your old ones. Will you give my love to your family! bedfordam@gmail.com... if you don't have mine.
I love the zoo especially the splash pads. My kids always get cold too. So funny.
Post a Comment