Sunday, June 14, 2009

Before Camping at Greens Peak

I have totally been loving my clear table cloth.  I had the crazy notion to have my family make tie die shirts to wear camping. The kids were very excited to have another crazy messy artsy day.

DSC00700

The whole process was very fun and long.  I had never done this before and didn’t know that they had to sit over night to get color and then you had to rinse them and let them dry.  Wear do you let tie die shirts dry when they still may leak a little color if i didn’t rinse them very well??

DSC00710

Ours was over our bathtub  I moved the shower curtain bar back and let them drip in the tub overnight.  I think they turned out awesome and all shirts we made used different techniques and designs.  We learned the the more color even until they are dripping with color make brighter shirts.

DSC00713

And yes our whole family wore the shirts Friday when we were camping.  I’m sure we looked so cool sporting are semi-matching shirts.     

1 comment:

Stoddard Family said...

That is such a fun idea! Maybe that is what I'll do for our 4th of July tshirts this year.