Monday, June 8, 2009

Painting Fun

I’m trying to be a fun mom.  I used to be a fun mom that always let the kids paint, color, and other fun crafty projects, back when I had two.  Not to offend anyone out there but when you have two kids two years apart and a three year gap, many things are a little easier. But now that Collin is coming to the age where he can color and not just destroy things, and Zoe can do things on her own so I don’t have two helpless kids I’m trying to help, I thought that this summer I may be able to handle doing fun projects.  Starting easy I pulled out some paint and paintbrushes.  Went to Jo-Ann’s and bought a big piece of clear plastic for my table and let the kids go at it.  It was very fun and I didn’t loose it. 

DSC00676  DSC00684 DSC00694 DSC00698 DSC00685 DSC00695

Tianne reminded me that I did get mad at her for painting with her fingers making everyone else want to do the same thing.  That may have put me over the edge. 

7 comments:

Jeanette said...

You are a great mom and a computer genius!

Stoddard Family said...

I totally understand. I hate to get projects out now, just on the fact that there is now an even bigger mess to clean up. The kids look like they are having a good time though.

JENNE said...

You even have cute aprons for all the kids!
You better get used to the idea that Tianne could be a better mom then you. She will remind you often.
Any you want to send this way? I will entertain them!

hanna (kmcaldwell) said...

ha ha nice holly i love the bandanna look! and wow you didn't loose it! ----- and the crowd goes wild--- ha ha jk. looks like fun!

Wendy said...

You are a great mom! I've only got two and paint scares the heck out of me. Just catching up on your blog. I love all your recent posts.

Cami said...

Just the thought gives my some anxiety. What a fun mom!

Brooke said...

I want to be more like that! You're such a fun mom. I did buy Ellee some sidewalk chalk a week ago--I know--I'm living a little dangerously...but, I haven't let her open it yet. :)