Today is the first day of school for my kids. I know that many are thinking that is nuts to start school in July. Me I'm excited
It has been a long summer of hot muggy stuck in side weather. Most likely because it was a long cold windy snowy winter. It was snowing when we left Snowflake in May and then here we had about a week where we could play outside. We don't really know anyone yet so my kids have done well playing with each other all day everyday.
I think that they were more excited then me to get away from there crazy mom and get to play with people there own age and gender who do things that they like to do also.
School starts at 8:15 my kids were ready by 7:30 Wow what a long morning that made for us. Nate was also at school today. He had to be in Phoenix by 7 so when he was awake around 5:30 he woke up toby who couldn't go back to sleep.
After we walked (yes it was mucho hot) the kids to school my little kids have seemed excited too. Kirsten is back in charge and the other kids do what SHE says when Tianne and toby are gone.
Really I am glad when summer comes and I don't have to wake up early but I love the schedule that school makes us have and the schedule is very good for me so that I can plan to do things and have things done by the time they get home.
BTW now I need to go grocery shopping which I stink at doing in the summer. No one likes to take all five kids to the grocery store without a playplace.
I love Toby's mean face and Tianne posing
3 comments:
So cute! How did you do your list on the left of everyones blog updates?
I'm excited for my kids to start too but I'm not excited to get up early! I like our staying up late and sleeping in schedule! All this week I'm making the kids go to bed 15 min. earlier each night to get back to school bed time! Hope they had a great day!! Melinda
I love the first day of school. I never in my life thought I would say that but, I do. I hope your kids had a wonderful day at school. They are such adorable fun kids I bet they will be bringing home tons of friends in no time. I hope you enjoy your days at home, it is so much easier to take 2 or 3kids instead of 5.
Post a Comment